2018-02-24

The Cosmic Christ


In the restless sleep of the flu, I was awakened with this running through my mind...

I AM the Destination sought in every journey. 
I AM the Goal found at the end of every path. 
When at long last the nations see God face to face, it is my face they see. 
It is I who embrace them in undying life. 
Their final healing is at the touch of my hands. 
I AM the Love that clothes them now and forever more. 

In any place where they call on the Lord to save them, I AM the LORD WHO SAVES. 
For I AM Yashua. There is no other. 
In every place that prayer is offered, it is offered to my Name through the sound of countless other names. 

Some call on me as Allah, some as Elohim.
Some see me embodied in Buddhas and Bodhisattvas, or in Avatars and Saints.
I am the Tao made human, the Mandate of Heaven made man, the Logos incarnate. 
Some prefer to speak of me as God or Spirit, others as Brahman or Shakti, still others as Godhead or Divine. 
Yet others eschew the transcendent and speak of me only as the Ultimate Value of Love and Peace, Compassion and Justice. 
Prophets proclaim me; Philosophers ponder me; Mystics experience me; Sages explain me.
But none can contain me, save for the life of a Jewish peasant from a town called Nazareth. 

And it is his life we evaluate all other lives by, and his vision of God we judge all divinities by. 
If a life is Christlike it is because Christ is in that life, no matter if they have ever heard of Christ or not. 
If a God is not Christlike, then it is no God at all, even if we dress it up with the name and clothing of Christ himself. 
For I AM not identified primarily by the syllables that flow from your lips, but by the symphony played by your entire life. 

And anytime someone calls upon a Christlike God, regardless of whether that God is called Christ, they are calling on me. 
For there can be but one Holiness who utterly transcends all else. 
For there can be but one Infinite, embracing all finite things in the Great Pattern. 
For there can be but one immanent Being, filling the universe and upholding the being of all beings. 

I AM the Reality behind every manifestation. 
The Eternal upholding all transience. 
The Truth within every illusion. 
The Good by which we discern right and wrong. 
The Ground which makes possible being and non-being, life and death. 

The lamps may differ but the Light is the same. For I AM that Light. 
In whatever way people approach me, so I receive them. For I AM that Way. 
The Truth is one though sages call it by different names. For I AM that Truth. 
However many and diverse forms of life there are, I indwell them all. For I AM that Life. 

2018.02.24 at 3:30am

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a bunch of incoherent babble to make us think hard about our incredible love affair with the God of the universe, our astounding infidelities against God, and God's incredible grace to heal and restore us through Christ. Everything on this site is copyright © 1996-2023 by Nathan L. Bostian so if you use it, please cite me. You can contact me at natebostian [at] gmail [dot] com